1. Is it possible to replace team members after submission?
2. Is it possible to have more than 6 people in the group?
– The submission proposal can have more than 6 members, but for the competition only 6 team members can compete.
3. Can the HPL binary from the HPCC application can be substituted by the NVIDIA optimized binary?
– It’s possible, and may help to the utilized better the GPUs for HPCC. However, we need to understand the exact code changes, to make sure it is valid.
4. We would like to implement an optimization on the HPCG. With the OptimizeProblem() it is possible to allocate memory only at the beginning of the problem, however, it is not possible to do any memory management at the beginning and end of every CG iteration. Are we allowed to modify CG.cpp for this purpose? (algorithm remains the same)
– Yes we allow changes to the code for various reasons. Sometimes if the group has some special hardware (like GPU) and they want to offload the compute intensive routine for their hardware, the team can work on making changes to the code instead of using the reference implementation, as long as their implementation doesn’t change the logic of the application/algorithm. In your case, it seems to be ok.
In any case, you will need to show us the changes of the code so we could review, and supply description of the changes to help us with that.
Submit your question here:
To submit questions about the ISC Student Cluster Competition, please fill out the following details.
*Note all fields required.